Mastering is the final stage in the production of your music. This is the last chance for quality control and mastering ensures the songs on your album flow together well, sound professional and are as clean as a whistle.
Over the years modern mastering has produced LOUD albums, which contain a large amount of distortion and unwanted artifacts.
I can provide you with:
- Clear yet loud masters, without compromising the dynamics in the music
- Mastered for CD & digital distribution services including Mastered for iTunes
- Multiple file types including: WAV, AIFF, MP3
- Stem mastering
- DDP image creation
When sending your files for mastering, please remember to do the following:
- Make sure you have the highest sample rate possible for the project [anything from 44.1k to 192k] and ensure the project is at least 24bit.
- Try to prevent your tracks from exceeding -6dBFS [I like to aim for -10dBFS!] when sending stereo files, this provides enough headroom for mastering.
- Disable any EQ plugins, compressors or limiters on the master track, unless it is a specific effect, if so, tell me!
- When exporting from your DAW remember to turn off any normalization and dithering.
- Provide a reference track!